Scheduling a Trip
Call (707) 546-1999 or TTY Relay: 711 to schedule a ride or e-mail your reservation request to one of our schedulers: Mohamed Hag Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lourae Hart at email@example.com. Reservations can be made from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM Monday through Saturday, and from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM on Sunday.
- Trips are scheduled on a “first come, first served” basis. An unlimited number of trips can be reserved from one day to seven days in advance.
- “Same day” trip request will be accommodated if possible, but due to high ridership, this is rarely feasible.
- Santa Rosa does not use a “waiting list”. All trip requests made at least one day in advance are accommodated within the scheduling parameters of the Federal ADA regulations.
- If you require a transfer to another paratransit provider, please provide an additional day per transfer to allow for coordination between providers (see Trips with Transfers below).
- The ADA Paratransit service is a shared ride so you may have additional passengers with you.
- Trips planned during our peak service time, 7am-9am and 3pm-6pm, may be longer trips, due to high demand by all paratransit riders. If you plan your trip between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, there are fewer people traveling during these times so your trip will likely be shorter.
As the service is a shared service, Santa Rosa Paratransit, especially during peak times will need to negotiate your pickup times to most efficiently schedule your trip. The federal regulations allow for the “negotiation window” to be one (1) hour before plus one (1) hour after the individual’s desired departure time (total of two hours).
- Flexible purpose Trips: Santa Rosa negotiates discretionary trips (e.g. errands, shopping, recreation, visiting friends) within this 2-hour negotiation window.
- Constrained trips: For trips where the paratransit rider has a set appointment (e.g. class, work, or appointments), Santa Rosa Paratransit will schedule your trip so that you can arrive no more than 1 hour before your appointment. Conversely, on a return trip (i.e. end of work day) the pickup may be scheduled no more than 1 hour after your appointment ends.