To dispose of any unwanted firearms and/or ammunition, you may turn them in to the Police Department
Please follow these important safety instructions:
- Make sure your firearm(s) are unloaded.
- Preferably lock your firearm(s) in a secure container.
- Ammunition can be placed in a box or specific ammunition can.
- Upon transport, lock the firearm(s) in the trunk of your car and store the ammunition in either the glove box and/or the interior compartment area.
- Drive straight to the Police Department located at 965 Sonoma Avenue in Santa Rosa. Do not stop anywhere else.
- Park and lock your car in front of the Public Safety Building and go inside and ask for instructions.
- Upon arrival, make contact with front counter personnel. Tell them that you want to turn in your firearm(s) and/or ammunition for destruction.
Military Ordinance & Explosives
If you should ever encounter any type of military ordinance and/or explosives such as grenades, pipe bombs, sticks of dynamite, or containers of gun powder - do not touch
! None of these types of munitions should be considered safe regardless of size or packaging. Contact the Police Department by calling 707-528-5222. Let the police assess the situation to see if this is a job for the bomb squad.