The Environmental Compliance Section helps you protect the environment by providing the following services:
- Inspections of industrial facilities for industrial waste compliance
- Stormwater inspections for commercial and industrial facilities
- Sewer rate evaluation and special billing
- Industrial waste discharge permits
- Plan check review
- Trucked Waste discharge permits
- Groundwater treatment system and One-time discharge permits
Commercial and industrial facilities that discharge pollutants of concern that can impact or harm the sanitary sewer system are required to participate in the City’s pretreatment program. These businesses are inspected periodically to ensure compliance with Pretreatment regulations. During field inspections, industries are evaluated for compliance and educated about pollution prevention. The Environmental Compliance Section strives to help businesses maintain compliance.
Certain industries are required to have a wastewater discharge permit based on the strength and quantity of their wastewater discharge. The Environmental Compliance section helps businesses through every step of the permit process. Permit applications are reviewed by staff to determine if the proposed pretreatment equipment will adequately remove pollutants from the waste stream. Once a permit is issued, inspectors will regularly monitor the wastewater discharge to ensure compliance with local limits.