Vendor Permit (Downtown)

Vending Areas

Vendor Permits are issued to vend within the following areas:
  • Courthouse Square
  • Fremont Park
  • Jeju Way
  • Comstock Mall

Application Procedure

To begin the process, please complete the following:

Items for Submission

Once you are informed that your application will proceed, in order to be issued a Vendor Permit you will need to submit the following:

  1. City of Santa Rosa Mobile Food Vendor Business Tax Certificate
    All businesses within the City limits must have a valid Business Tax Certificate
    Phone: (707) 606-0046
    Email: [email protected]

  2. State Board of Equalization Seller's Permit
    For any business selling tangible property that is subject to State Sales and Use Tax, a Seller's Permit Number is required
    Phone: (707) 576-2100
    Address: 50 D St, Room 230
                   Santa Rosa, CA 95404

  3. Sonoma County Department of Environmental Mobile Food Vendor Health Permit
    Any type of retail food sales requires a permit from the County's Department of Environmental Health
    Phone: (707) 565-6565

  4. Other permits as may be required by Federal, State and Local Government, such as:
    a. Fictitious Name - if planning to use a name different from your own for the business, check with the County Clerk to make sure no one else is using that name
    Sonoma County Clerk - (707) 565-3800 /
    b. State Identification Number - if planning to employ staff, a State Identification Number is needed to report employee taxes
    State Franchise Tax Board - (800) 853-5711 /
    c. Federal Identification Number - if planning to employ staff, a Federal Identification Number is needed to report employee taxes
    Internal Revenue Service - (707) 523-0924 /

  5. Two personal references

  6. Liability insurance for the business listing the City of Santa Rosa, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers as additionally insured
Performance Requirements
  • Vendors are allowed to locate only within area designated by permit.
  • Vendors are responsible for picking up all trash within 25 feet of the vending car, whether originating from their vending cart or not. Trash pickup should not be placed in City trash receptacles.
  • Changes in food/beverage/item or service must be approved by the City of Santa Rosa.
  • Vendors must wear neat and clean clothing. Shoes and shirts are required.
  • Name of vending cart must be attractively and professionally displayed.
  • Vendors shall comply with all regulations and laws governing mobile food service establishments, pushcarts and food service establishments adopted by the Department of Public Health for the County of Sonoma and enacted by the state.
  • No vendor shall place his cart or goods so as to block, obstruct or interfere with the free flow of pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the lawful use of sidewalks or highways or ingress or egress to the abutting property.
  • Vendor will be required to comply with any future rules and regulations issued by the City of Santa Rosa with respect to the Vending Program.
  • The City reserves the right to revoke a vendor's permit for failure to comply with any current or future statutes, ordinances, or rules and regulations regarding the Vending Program.
  • No merchandise, food or beverages shall be displayed or sold to the occupants of vehicles traveling or stopped on city streets.
  • No vendor shall shout, make any noise or use any sound device, including a radio or sound-amplifying system, for the purpose of attracting attention to his goods, wares or merchandise.
  • No license granted may be sold, leased, transferred or reassigned in any fashion.
  • Carts must be removed from area each day.
  • The City reserves the right to amend its ordinances relating to vendors in the City of Santa Rosa.
  • The City reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Vending Program at any time. In the event that the Vending Program is terminated, all Vendor Permits shall be revoked and all unused fees paid for the program shall be returned to the applicant.
  • Vendors will be asked to suspend operations during City sponsored special events and/or when a master Vending Permit has been issued (e.g. Rose Parade, Downtown Market, etc.). Vendors may negotiate a use permits with the master Vending Permit holder and/or City sponsored special event coordinator.
  • The City reserves the rights to use reasonable discretion regarding the sales of items and/or services of vendors.
close carousel
close carousel


Vendor Permit
[email protected]

Click here to download application