The Community Advisory Board (CAB) connects city government and residents so the public can have a voice in decisions that impact their lives and build a stronger community.
CAB's Strategic Plan
The CAB completed their strategic plan and formally approved the plan at their December 2018 meeting. The CAB selected three Strategic Categories to focus on: Empowerment, Expertise, and Operations. The CAB created three Ad-Hoc Committees for these Strategic Categories and will focus on the following over the next year:
1. Implement Neighborfest
2. Plan a community engagement academy
3. Proactively attend neighborhood meetings
1. Assess CAB strengths and weaknesses and conduct trainings
2. Create a list of Board assets and present one CAB member per meeting
3. Invite government departments and Council to come to CAB meetings
4. Orientation, on-boarding, and mentoring
1. Solidify Community Improvement Grant (CIG) process and voting metrics
2. Run more collaborative meetings
3. Add "accomplishments" to the agenda
In addition to developing one-year work plans, the CAB also developed metrics to help measure success and progress. To read the complete strategic plan, click here.