Community Advisory Board
The Community Advisory Board (CAB) connects city government and residents so the public can have a voice in decisions that impact their lives and build a stronger community.
- The next general meeting of the Community Advisory Board (CAB) will take place on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 6pm at the Office of Community Engagement.
- The CAB currently has two (2) vacancies: the Northwest Area CAB Seat and one (1) At-Large Seat. To apply for these vacancies, please visit the Boards and Commissions website.
- The Office of Community Engagement is looking for Neighborfest Volunteers! For more information, please read the Neighborfest Volunteer Description (en español) and if interested, please fill out the Volunteer Application (en español) and mail or hand deliver to:
Office of Community Engagement
ATTN: Community Engagement VISTA
637 1st Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
You may also email your application. For more information about Neighborfest, please visit www.srcity.org/neighborfest.
CAB's Strategic Plan
The CAB completed their strategic plan and formally approved the plan at their December 2018 meeting. The CAB selected three Strategic Categories to focus on: Empowerment, Expertise, and Operations. The CAB created three Ad-Hoc Committees for these Strategic Categories and will focus on the following over the next year:
1. Implement Neighborfest
2. Plan a community engagement academy
3. Proactively attend neighborhood meetings
1. Assess CAB strengths and weaknesses and conduct trainings
2. Create a list of Board assets and present one CAB member per meeting
3. Invite government departments and Council to come to CAB meetings
4. Orientation, on-boarding, and mentoring
1. Solidify Community Improvement Grant (CIG) process and voting metrics
2. Run more collaborative meetings
3. Add "accomplishments" to the agenda
In addition to developing one-year work plans, the CAB also developed metrics to help measure success and progress. To read the complete strategic plan, click here.
- Cherie Barnett, Chair 2nd Term Expires: December 31, 2020
North Hwy 12
- Cecile Querubin, Member 2nd Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Danielle Divine, Member 1st Term Expires December 31, 2020
- Daniel Chaparro, Member 2nd Term Expires: December 31, 2022
South Hwy 12
- Veronica Cruz, Member 1st Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Lacinda Moore, Vice Chair 2nd Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Miles Burgin, Member 1st Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Vince Harper, Member 2nd Term Expires: December 31, 2022
- Jennielynn Holmes, Member 1st Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Carley Moore, Member 1st Term Expires December 31, 2022
- Michael Varela, Member 1st Term Expires: December 31, 2020
- Laney Wall, Member 1st Term Expires December 31, 2022
- 6:00 p.m.
- 4th Wednesday of every month, unless otherwise specified
- Office of Community Engagement, 637 First Street, Large Conference Room, Santa Rosa
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.