Community Advisory Board
The Community Advisory Board (CAB) connects city government and residents so the public can have a voice in decisions that impact their lives and build a stronger community.
- The next CAB meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 6:00PM. The meeting will be held at the Office of Community Engagement, located at 637 1st Street.
- The CAB currently has two (2) vacancies: the Northwest Area and Southwest Area CAB Seats. To apply for these vacancies, please visit the Boards and Commissions website.
- Come see the CAB at the Wednesday Night Market and provide your input on the Capital Improvement Program. For more info, click here!
CAB's Strategic Plan
The CAB completed their strategic plan and formally approved the plan at their December 2018 meeting. The CAB selected three Strategic Categories to focus on: Empowerment, Expertise, and Operations. The CAB created three Ad-Hoc Committees for these Strategic Categories and will focus on the following over the next year:
1. Implement Neighborfest
2. Plan a community engagement academy
3. Proactively attend neighborhood meetings
1. Assess CAB strengths and weaknesses and conduct trainings
2. Create a list of Board assets and present one CAB member per meeting
3. Invite government departments and Council to come to CAB meetings
4. Orientation, on-boarding, and mentoring
1. Solidify Community Improvement Grant (CIG) process and voting metrics
2. Run more collaborative meetings
3. Add "accomplishments" to the agenda
In addition to developing one-year work plans, the CAB also developed metrics to help measure success and progress. To read the complete strategic plan, click here.
- Cherie Barnett, Northeast
- Vince Harper, At-Large
North Hwy 12
- Cecile Querubin, Member
- Danielle Divine, Member
South Hwy 12
- Veronica Cruz, Member
- Lacinda Moore
- Miles Burgin, Member
- Jennielynn Holmes, Member
- Michelle McGarry, Member
- Carley Moore, Member
- Laney Rooks, Member
- Michael Varela, Member
- 6:00 p.m.
- 4th Wednesday of every month, unless otherwise specified
- Office of Community Engagement, 637 First Street, Large Conference Room, Santa Rosa
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.