City of Santa Rosa group picnic sites can accommodate parties of up to 100 and are ideal locations for social gatherings. Picnic sites feature plenty of tables, barbecue grills, parking, and space to relax and explore, and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis year-round when not reserved. Making and securing a reservation ahead of time guarantees a spot for your picnic or event.
- Reservations at Doyle Community Park are currently unavailable, and the parking lot off of Doyle Park Drive is currently closed.
Make a Reservation
Reservations may be made up to one year (365 days) in advance and do fill quickly – early reservations are advised. Online reservations MUST be made at least two weeks in advance of your desired date. Phone and in-person reservations MUST be made at least seven days in advance of desired date.
All online bookings will be reviewed and approved by the Recreation & Parks Department. Your permit or date is NOT guaranteed until you receive a signed permit. If you are not contacted by our office within four business days after applying for a picnic permit, please call the picnic reservation line at 707-543-3753.
If you contact our picnic reservation staff to make your reservation, we ask that you please look through the list of reservable picnic sites ahead of time and have your date and site choice ready.
Messages will be returned soon as possible during scheduled business hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5:30pm).
How It Works
Securing a reservation ahead of time guarantees a spot for your picnic or event. Click on the tabs below for more information.
Picnic Site Hours
Picnic sites are reservable March through October, from 9am to 7pm, and November through February, from 7am to 5pm. All city parks are open from sunrise-sunset year-round.
Electricity & Water
Electricity is not available in any city park. A generator may be used but should be placed on a plastic tarp for the duration of use. Gas generators must be filled off-site. Generators must be 100 feet from residential property/fences, 50 feet from playgrounds, and in pre-approved locations.
There is no water hookup access available in city park. The water fountains are not to be used for water-related activities such as dunk tanks, water balloons, water slides, etc.
Picnic Rules & Guidelines
- All regular park rules apply. To view park rules, click here.
- Please follow our picnic guidelines.
- All city parks are open from sunrise-sunset year-round.
- We ask that you please check the park’s reservation board before setting up in a picnic site.
- Picnic reservations are monitored for compliance with capacity, amplified sound, and park policy regulations.
- Jump house or inflatables (15x15ft maximum) are allowed at some picnic sites with a picnic reservation. There is an additional flat fee of $25. Picnic sites that allow for jump houses are denoted below. Jump houses are not allowed in city parks without a picnic reservation or park permit, and are not permitted from November through February.
- Amplified sound, including personal Bluetooth speakers, require a Sound Permit. An Amplified Sound Permit can be applied for with a large picnic site reservation only. Amplified sound is also not allowed in Finley Community Park, or with small site reservations.
Please call 707-543-3753 if you need to cancel or reschedule your event. There is a $25 cancellation fee. If your event is rained out, please call 707-543-3753 the next business day for a refund. We do not issue any weather refunds in advance.
Picnic sites are listed below and include pricing, approximate amount of seating, capacity, and maps for each reservable location. If your planned event exceeds the maximum capacity for the site you are interested in, or exceeds an attendance of 100 people, you will need to apply for a park permit. You may also consider choosing a larger capacity site. Click on the tabs below for more information.
Doyle Community Park
Please note: Doyle Community Park sites are not currently reservable.
- Small Picnic Sites (C, D, and E)
- Seating: 24; Capacity: 50
- Pricing: Any day $45 ($47 non-SR resident)