Become a Green Certified Business
The City of Santa Rosa is pleased to encourage Santa Rosa businesses the opportunity to become a certified Green Business. Becoming a certified Green Business helps you save money, enhances your company's community image, and provides free promotion of your business.
The Sonoma County Green Business Certification program is a partnership of government agencies and utilities that assists, recognizes, and promotes local organizations, focusing on small- to medium-sized consumer-oriented businesses that volunteer to operate in a more environmentally responsible way. To be certified, participants must be in compliance with all environmental regulations and meet program standards for conserving resources, preventing pollution, and minimizing waste.
Benefits of Being Green Certified
Being Green Certified brings many benefits for your business:
- Saving energy, water and raw materials saves you money. Sending less trash to the landfill saves you money, too.
- Developing a positive, proactive relationship with local compliance inspectors can help you avoid liability, fines and other sanctions.
- The Program promotes Green Businesses to the public and other businesses (again, for free)!
- Your company's community image is enhanced through Green Business certification.
- Your employees will enjoy a safer workplace and will have one more reason to take pride in working for you.
- The Green Business Program offers you free, convenient, time-saving assistance.
Go to the Sonoma County Green Business Certification page to learn more about becoming certified.
The City of Santa Rosa is making many strides to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions from municipal operations and community-wide activities.
Business Rebates for Water Conservation
The Water Department rewards businesses for conserving water.
Santa Rosa Build it Green (SR-BIG)
Santa Rosa Build It Green is a program to promote environmental protection through building and remodeling with a more sustainable approach.
Sonoma County Waste Management Agency's Mandatory Commercial Recycling
Find information on California's new mandatory commercial recycling law which is designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by diverting commercial solid waste to recycling efforts.