CivicReady: Your Questions Answered!We have received questions about how CivicReady operates when the City sends out messages, and what format we send them in, so we are sharing the answers to the most frequently asked questions. Read on...
SRPD Chief’s Community Ambassador Team is Now Accepting Applications for the Next CohortThe Santa Rosa Police Department is now accepting applications for the next cohort of Chief John Cregan’s Community Ambassador Team (C-CAT). Read on...
Meet the Rotary Club of Santa Rosa’s 2022 Public Safety Award WinnersEach year the Rotary Club of Santa Rosa honors an outstanding police officer and firefighter from Santa Rosa. Read on...
Santa Rosa Police Department and Operation Christmas Tree Distributed 300 Trees to FamiliesOn Nov. 29, the Santa Rosa Police Department’s Community Engagement Team, in collaboration with the local nonprofit, Operation Christmas Tree . . . Read on...
The City of Santa Rosa is Transitioning from Nixle to CivicReady for Public Safety Alerts and NewsAs of Dec. 16, 2022, the Santa Rosa Police Department and Santa Rosa Fire Department will no longer be using Nixle for public safety alerts, press releases, and information notifications and will transition to CivicReady. Read on...
The City of Santa Rosa Moves Forward with Sideshow OrdinanceThe Santa Rosa City Council is moving forward with a new Sideshow Ordinance introduced at the Oct. 11 Council meeting, which includes the ability to. . . Read on...
Congressman Mike Thompson honors Santa Rosa Police officers at Public Safety Heroes ReceptionOn Sunday, September 25, 2022, members of the Santa Rosa Police Department Special Enforcement Team (SET) and SRPD Officer Westin Schindler, were honored by... Read on...
Responding to the 4.4 earthquake 2 mi. north of Santa RosaThe City is aware of the earthquake that just occurred at 6:39 p.m. today and is actively assessing any potential damage . . . Read on...
Joint Message from Police Chief Cregan and Fire Chief Westrope Ahead of July 4th CelebrationsFollowing late season rains, a growth of now dry seasonal grasses and ongoing drought conditions, we urge Santa Rosans to make safe choices and NOT use fireworks when celebrating the Fourth of July this year. Read on...
John Cregan Appointed as Santa Rosa’s New Chief of PoliceSR City Manager Maraskeshia Smith has appointed Interim Chief John Cregan as the new Chief of Police for the City of Santa Rosa to begin on 7/3/22. The appointment follows an inclusive and equitable process grounded in community and stakeholder feedback. Read on...
SRPD to Present AB 481 Documents to City CouncilIn September of 2021, AB 481 was signed into law. This bill provides oversight related to the funding, acquisition, or use of military equipment for law enforcement agencies. An ordinance will go before the SR City Council for their approval in July 2022. Read on...
Santa Rosa Police Department's 2021 Annual ReportThe Santa Rosa Police Department has released its 2021 Annual Report. Read on...
Public Hours for SRPD Lobby and Front CounterSRPD Public hours for the Records Bureau as of Saturday, October 9th, 2021. Read on...
Questions About Evacuation Tags?Read why evacuation tags are helpful in some communities, including rural areas, but are not utilized as part of the City of Santa Rosa's community evacuation strategy Read on...
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1
IF THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY BUT YOU NEED POLICE ASSISTANCE, CALL THE NON-EMERGENCY LINE: 707-528-5222
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CITIZEN COMMENDATIONS OR COMPLAINTS
The Santa Rosa Police Department is committed to providing quality service to the community and welcomes feedback, including critical comments about employee performance. If a citizen has a complaint or commendation, it may be made in person, by phone, by email or fax, and may be anonymous. The following options are available:
- Mail or drop off a letter to the Police Department at 965 Sonoma Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.
- Call (707) 543-3559, (checked Monday thru Thursday, daytime hours, do not use for emergencies, see above)
- Send an email to [email protected] (checked Monday thru Friday, daytime hours, do not use for emergencies, see above)
- Pickup a commendation/complaint form, in English or Spanish, from the Police Department lobbies.
- Download a commendation/complaint form. Forms are available in either English or Spanish.
- If you prefer to file a complaint with someone outside the Police Department, you may contact the OIR Group LLC, at (323) 412-0334, or directly at thisLink. Learn more about the Independent Police Auditor.
INSTRUCCIONES PARA PRESENTAR RECONOCIMIENTOS/QUEJAS
El Departamento de Policia de Santa Rosa está comprometido a proveer un alto nivel de servicio a la comunidad y agradece comentarios y criticas acerca del desempeño de sus empleados. Si un miembro de la comunidad tiene una queja o un reconocimiento, se puede realizar esta en persona, por teléfono, por correo electrónico, o facsímile. No es necesario revelar su identidad. Las siguientes opciones están disponibles:
- Correspondencia por correo postal o dejada en persona a la siguiente dirección: Departamento de Policia de Santa Rosa, 965 Sonoma Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.
- Llamar al (707) 543-3559.
- Correo electrónico a [email protected]
- Recoger un formulario de reconocimientos/queja en inglés o español del área de recepción del cuartel.
- Bajar de la red un formulario de reconocimientos/queja en inglés o español.
- Auditor Policial Independiente, OIR Group, (323) 412-0334, o www.oirgroup.com.