Development Review Pre-Application Meeting
WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of the Pre-Application Meeting is to offer applicants an interdepartmental staff review of preliminary or conceptual design applications. These meetings are intended to provide a better understanding of the City’s permitting process and, through early consultation, troubleshoot project issues for potentially complex development proposals. Planning application fee estimates can also be provided to applicants, based on the submit- ted project description. Building permit fees, Development Impact Fees, and Water + Wastewater fees are not included. The Deputy Director of Community Development and/or the Supervising Planner of Current Planning serves as the lead for facilitating the Pre-Application Meeting. Additional discussions after the Pre - Application Meeting may involve all or a select number of staff to support progress toward submitting a complete application.
PRE-APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
A completed application must be submitted Opens a New Window. . Submittal materials include, at a minimum, the following items:
- Conceptual Floor Plans
- Conceptual Site Plan
- Existing Elevations and Proposed Conceptual Elevation Drawings
- Design Concept Narrative (brief project description)
- Vicinity Map or Aerial Photo of the Vicinity
- Additional information when warranted, such as landscaping plans, colors and material selections, anticipated water and waste water usage, etc.
- Reduce plans to 11” x 17”.
- Materials must be submitted electronically to the Planning Divisions, [email protected] with a maximum file size of 20 MB.
Pre-Application Meetings are held Tuesdays from 10AM - 12PM. Pre - application meetings are scheduled approximately 14 days after your pre - application submittal and generally last one hour. You’ll receive email confirmation for the time and date of your pre - application meeting following the submittal of your completed application.
Pre-application meetings are currently available at no additional cost to the applicant. Comments received at this meeting are informal and not binding. Pre-application meetings are not considered a public meeting and/or hearing; the City takes no formal action.
Pre-Application inquiries and applications should be submitted to the Planning Division at [email protected]
- Public Works
- Water + Waste Water
- Economic Development
- Land-use + Zoning
- Building Permits
- Fire Safety Requirements
- Engineering + Traffic Needs
- Water + Wastewater Connections
- Project Goals
- Permitting Process
- Issues + Concerns
- Environmental Review