File a Complaint or a Compliment
How to File a Commendation or a Complaint
The Santa Rosa Police Department is committed to providing quality service to the community and welcomes feedback, including critical comments about employee performance. If you have a complaint or commendation, it may be made in person, by phone, by email or fax, and may be anonymous.
The following options are available:
- Mail or drop off a letter to the Police Department at 965 Sonoma Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95404.
- Call (707) 543-3559.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Pickup a commendation/complaint form, in English or Spanish, from the Police Department lobbies.
- Download a commendation/complaint form. Forms are available in either English or Spanish.
- If you prefer to communicate with someone outside of the police department, you may contact OIR Group LLC, at (323) 412-0334, or directly at this link. Learn more about the Independent Police Auditor.
Compliments or Complaints
What should you expect when you are contacted by the police? What are the police expecting of you? Our officers are trained to handle an array of situations calmly and professionally, but it is important that you cooperate with the direction from officers and remain peaceful even if the interaction ends in an arrest.
Following your encounter with the police, if you feel there was misconduct or improper job performance you may contact the Santa Rosa Police Department and file a complaint. We take complaints very seriously and follow up on all allegations.
|What to do during a traffic stop:||What to do during a pedestrian stop:|