Civic Site Permit (Courthouse Square)
One-time, annual or recurring events using Courthouse Square, the grounds of City Hall, Comstock Mall, Jeju Way and other Civic Sites located in Downtown Santa Rosa, beyond the normal pattern of use, require a Civic Site Permit. Please review Council Policy 000-09 "Event Permits" for all requirements and restrictions.
How to Obtain a Permit
|Add on fee for Courthouse Square side streets: $25 each per day|
Insurance: General Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 is required for all events permitted through a Civic Site Permit. The City of Santa Rosa, Its officers, agents, employees and volunteers must be listed as "Additional Insured" on the corresponding Endorsement page. Please note that the insurance certificate will not be accepted without the endorsement page and exact wording shown above. Special Event insurance is available for purchase through this on-line service. For more information on purchasing Special Event insurance through the City of Santa Rosa, please contact Mirella Stevens at (707) 543-3024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Permits: The following additional permits may be required for some events
- Amplified Sound Permits are free for non-commercial use ($5 for commercial use) and are issued by the Police Department. If your event is in a residential neighborhood, neighborhood signatures will be required.
- Fire Department Permits are issued for propane use, tents/canopies and special event/public assembly.
- Santa Rosa Business Tax Certificates are licenses required for vendors conducting business in the City of Santa Rosa.
- Health Department Permits for food safety are issued by the Sonoma County Department of Health Services.
- Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) licenses are required for events serving/selling alcohol.
Courthouse Square Frequently Asked Questions
When is a permit required?
A Civic Site Permit is required for any organized activity if:
What is required to close the Courthouse Square side streets?
Can we reserve parking spaces for our event?
Is electricity available for events?
Are vehicles allowed on the square?
Can we fence the entire perimeter of the Courthouse Square?
What is the best way to mark vendor and/or equipment locations?
What kind of notification is required to affected residents and businesses?