Volunteer Santa Rosa
The city has many opportunities for volunteers interested in giving back to the community and helping to keep the city clean and beautiful. Volunteer positions exist in numerous city departments - check them out below!
- Legislative Information Center.
- While our department is still new and forming, the Office of Community Engagement welcomes community volunteers. We have opportunities for volunteers to help with outreach, including door-to-door outreach, flyering in community locations, and others! Email us for more information!
- The Violence Prevention Partnership has ongoing volunteer and internship opportunities. Please Email The Partnership for more information about current volunteer opportunities!
- Volunteer with the Fire Department! For more information on current volunteer opportunities, please check out their Volunteer page.
- Citizen Police Academy: The Citizen Police Academy is designed to enhance relationships between the Santa Rosa Police Department and citizens of Santa Rosa by familiarizing academy participants with the Department, and its policies and practices. Upon completion of the Citizen Police Academy, participants will have a clearer understanding of the duties, responsibilities, and community interaction expected from department personnel and will share their knowledge with others in the community.
- Graffiti Abatement Program Volunteer: Help report, remove, and prevent graffiti vandalism by adopting an area and keeping it graffiti-free or participating in special clean-up events.
- Volunteers in Police Services (VIPS): Assist the Police Department by facilitating Neighborhood Watch meetings, patrolling City streets, using radar to monitor speeding, marking and towing abandoned vehicles, presenting school safety programs, provide additional staffing at special events, and perform administrative duties throughout the department. For more information, contact the Community Outreach Team at 707-543-3550.
Recreation & Parks
- For a complete overview of volunteer opportunities with Recreation and Parks visit the Volunteer Recreation and Parks Page.
- Park-A-Month Volunteer Program: Join us at neighborhood park and community center sites for clean-ups on the second Saturday of each month. Bring your friends and work together, or come and meet new people while helping to keep our parks in great shape! These family-friendly workdays are a fun and productive way to help beautify a park or community center through tasks such as litter pickup, spreading mulch, cleaning play area equipment and picnic barbecues, weeding, and more. Volunteer time is from 9:00am to noon.
Transportation and Public Works
- Citizens provide the eyes and ears in our community and help us to maintain a safe street and pedestrian system. We appreciate your taking time to report any safety or repair concerns that you may have.The department is also interested in input citizens may have with regard to capital improvement projects. To find out how you can get involved, including participating in public meetings, please visit the Transportation and Public Works site for more information!
- Volunteer Creek Stewards: The Creek Stewardship Program offers citizens who live, travel, and recreate along Santa Rosa's creeks the opportunity to protect and enhance the creeks they enjoy. Activities include walks, creek cleanups, restoration work days, presentations on creek topics, and creek activities for youth programs. Working together, the Water Agency, the City, and its citizens can enhance creek corridors to provide efficient transportation routes, safe neighborhoods, scenery, wildlife habitat, and recreation.