Domestic Violence Awareness
October is Domestic Violence Prevention Awareness Month - You're Not Alone, Help is Available
Santa Rosa is home to many government agencies and nonprofit community organizations that provide services and resources to victims of domestic violence. These services may include emergency shelter and permanent housing, orders of protection, financial assistance, counseling, health care, civil legal assistance, and help filing police reports.
Domestic violence doesn’t discriminate and can happen to anyone, regardless of race, culture, religion, and income level. No matter what your immigration status is, if someone is abusing you, help is available.
If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, call 707-546-1234 for the Sonoma County YWCA Domestic Violence Hotline. In emergencies, always call 911.
SAFETY ALERT: Please use a computer at a safe location. There is always a computer trail. If you are in danger, call 911, or the U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-7233 • TTY (800) 787-3224.
Help is available from these organizations:
- Family Justice Center of Sonoma County
- The Family Justice Center Sonoma County empowers family violence victims to live free from violence and abuse by providing comprehensive services, centered on and around the victim, at one location.
- Learn more about the services provided, where they are located, and how to get there.
- YWCA Sonoma County
- The YWCA Sonoma County supports families affected by domestic violence by providing safe shelter, therapy, advocacy, and on-going support.
- Learn more about YWCA services.
- Sonoma County Legal Aid
- Sonoma County Legal Aid helps survivors by providing access to shelter, money for food and basic necessities, health and mental health care, and transportation.
- Learn more about Sonoma County Legal Aid services or call the Legal Aid Hotline 707-592-1290.
- General Tips for Helping a Friend
- If someone close to you is or may be a victim of domestic violence, read these tips on how you can help.