In the months following the 2017 wildfires, there was heightened awareness of the importance of ensuring that City fire survivors rebuild as well as that community-wide economic vitality was met by meeting housing development goals. The Sonoma County Board of Supervisors and the Santa Rosa City Council have been working to address the problem, and directed staff to identify new and more effective structures that can, over the next five years, facilitate substantially increased housing development for all income levels. In response, the concept of a regional housing construct began to take shape in the Renewal Enterprise District (RED).
The basic premise of the RED is to work across jurisdictions to market and attract developers, to blend private financing and public funds, to leverage state and federal grant funds and to facilitate creation of housing that meets established public policy goals for increased density, access to transit, protection of open space and community separators and improving energy efficiency, climate resilience and affordability. By working together through a joint powers association (JPA), the City and County have an opportunity to develop and implement a common vision and drive regional renewal efforts by leveraging their real estate assets, regulatory authority and new funding sources for maximum effect and long-term benefit.
Upcoming Meetings and Agendas
Unless noted, all meetings will be held at 411 King Street Opens a New Window. . When available, all agendas will be posted as a link on the date listed below.
- October 30, 2019, from 1 to 4 pm
- December 11, 2019, from 1 to 4 pm
- February 27, 2019
- April 26, 2019
- Board Meeting Schedule
- FY19/20 Preliminary Budget
- Request for Proposal: Executive Director and Administrative Services for the Renewal Enterprise District Joint Powers Authority
- RED Presentation (Legislative Proposal, Executive Director RFP, Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District, Legislative Finance Tools)
- RED Presentation- Proposed RED Funding Criteria Opens a New Windo
- June 21, 2019
- August 28, 2019
- Santa Rosa City Council Staff Report Opens a New Window.
- Santa Rosa City Council JPA Resolution Opens a New Window.
- Santa Rosa City Council Presentation Opens a New Window.
- County of Sonoma Board of Supervisors Staff Report Opens a New Window.
- RED JPA Agreement Opens a New Window.
- A Powerful Collaboration to Accelerate Housing Development Opens a New Window.