Santa Rosa Housing Authority

The Santa Rosa Housing Authority (SRHA) was established in 1971 with the purpose of ensuring adequate, decent, safe, and sanitary housing for income-eligible households in Santa Rosa. The SRHA primarily consists of the Santa Rosa Housing Trust and Rental Housing Assistance programs, both of which are responsible for improving the quality and affordability of housing in the City. 

The Santa Rosa Housing Trust partners with many private and non-profit organizations to develop, rehabilitate, and preserve affordable housing and to convert market rate housing to affordable housing. Through the Trust, the SRHA has supported the creation of approximately 5,000 affordable units, representing $120 million invested in affordable housing in Santa Rosa. 

Through the Rental Housing Assistance program, which includes the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher, Project-Based Voucher, and HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) programs, the SRHA administers monthly housing assistance payments for more than 2,000 households in Santa Rosa. This includes vouchers for low-income individuals and families, veterans, people experiencing homelessness and disaster survivors.

50 Years of Affordable Housing

Congratulations and gratitude to the Santa Rosa Housing Authority on 50 years of ensuring affordable housing for Santa Rosa residents! Over the past five decades, the Housing Authority has worked to create 5,000 new affordable homes for single parents, senior citizens, homeless veterans, and many hundreds of Santa Rosa families who are most in need. Take a look at this short video to see some of the housing developments created over the years and upcoming projects to provide affordable homes in years to come.

Members, Meetings & Agendas

Click here to learn more about upcoming and past meetings and to see who currently serves on the SRHA. 

Funding

The SRHA currently has an annual budget of $42.2 million, 93% of which comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), with the remaining 7% from State and local funds. 

Affordable Housing Map

A new online map of affordable housing in Santa Rosa displays multi-family, senior citizen, and special needs properties, as well as mobile home parks, that have been funded by or are under agreement with the Santa Rosa Housing Authority.

Click Here to View Affordable Housing Map

Fact Sheet

Housing Authority Fact Sheet

Click here to view Housing Authority Fact Sheet

Staff Contact Information

Megan Basinger, Director[email protected]
Steven V. Brown, Recording Secretary[email protected]