The COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program is not yet available to the public. The City will provide additional information, as it becomes available, on the application period timeline and application instructions. The COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program application period will open on or around June 3, 2020 and will close seven (7) days after the application period begins.
AnuncioEl Programa de Asistencia para los Pagos de la Renta relacionado con COVID-19 aún no está disponible para el público. La Ciudad proporcionará información adicional, a medida que esté disponible, sobre el período de solicitud y las instrucciones de la solicitud. El período de solicitud del Programa de Asistencia para los Pagos de la Renta relacionado con COVID-19 comenzará el 3 de junio de 2020 o alrededor de esta fecha y se cerrará siete (7) días después del inicio del período de solicitud. MÁS INFORMACIÓN.
Rental Assistance Program
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the City of Santa Rosa is implementing the COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program to assist residents with rental payments through December 31, 2020. Approved by City Council on May 19, the City has reallocated over $600,000 from federal housing funds to assist up to 50 tenants who have been impacted by the current public health emergency, either through total or partial loss of income. The City has sent this plan for reallocating federal funds to this new program to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for approval.
The COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program application period will begin on or around June 3, 2020 and will close seven (7) days after the application period begins. In order to qualify for rental assistance, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a household income at or below 60% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Must have had a loss or decrease in wages as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Must have at least one member of the household who is a documented U.S. citizen (this person can be a minor)
The application will be available on this webpage once the program has opened, although hard copy applications may be requested by contacting City staff (contact information will be available once the program has started). A randomized selection process will be used to select qualifying households for rental assistance upon review of requested documentation. Once the applicant has been selected for assistance, they will pay 30% of their household income for the rent, with the Rental Assistance Program making up the cost difference.
Additional Resources for Rental Assistance
- Provides one-time assistance up to $500/individual and $1,000/family
- Must have at least one (1) undocumented wage earner in household
- Must be impacted by disaster (fire, flood, COVID-19, etc.)
- Must be a resident of Sonoma County
- Provides one-time assistance to households at or below 80% of the AMI
- Up to $1,500 – 1,800 per household
- Can live anywhere in Sonoma County
- Provides one-time assistance of $2,000 – 3,000 per household
- Must have lived in Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park or Cotati for at least six (6) months
- Eligible households:
- Have children under the age of 18 living in the home;
- Over 55; or