CityBus and Paratransit Essential Services
Santa Rosa CityBus is committed to providing high quality service and protecting the health of passengers and employees amid this public health emergency. We are grateful to all our riders who are abiding by Public Health Orders and limiting their travel to only essential trips. If you must make an essential trip, please remember to wash your hands before and after riding, wear a face covering and stay at least six feet apart from others.
New Schedule with Additional Trips
Effective Monday, June 1, and until further notice
Beginning June 1, 2020, CityBus will begin operating a new schedule with additional trips as part of its ongoing response to COVID-19. The new schedule will be in effect until further notice. The changes are meant to provide more expansive service for transit users as additional businesses reopen in Sonoma County following the new amendments to the Shelter in Place Health Order. Ensuring the highest level of safety possible for our passengers and employees continues to be our top priority as additional service resumes. On June 1, 2020 and until further notice, CityBus will be operating the following routes and services. Please read the description fully. We appreciate your patience during this transition.
Riders can use the current schedules available on the web or in print to see the Saturday and Sunday timetables and routings. As noted above the exceptions are Route 10, which will serve Round Barn Blvd. even though it will be operating on a Saturday timetable, and Route 15, which will operate on the regular weekday schedule Monday-Friday.
Santa Rosa ADA Paratransit will provide the first pick up at 6:00 a.m. with the last trips of the day departing at 8:00 p.m. Monday – Saturday. On Sundays, the first pick up time is 9:00 a.m. and the last trips of the day are at 5:30 p.m.
Special Call-Ahead Service
CityBus will continue to provide its special call-ahead service. The call-ahead service is for essential trips only. These trips must be to and/or from a location that CityBus serves with fixed route under normal operating conditions but is not serving under the new modified schedule. This restriction applies to weekday trips. In addition to serving locations as stated above the service will also provide earlier and later trips on Saturdays from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. The service is not available on Sunday.
- This service is for riders who MUST travel to either a job at an essential service provider or to an essential destination within the city of Santa Rosa.
- Riders must call ahead to 707-546-1999 to register for this service and schedule this trip.
- Riders registering for this service will need to provide their name, home address, contact information and destination address trip. Once registered for the service, riders can schedule a trip up to 7 days in advance of the trip but at a minimum must schedule their trip the day before between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Saturday, or between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- Riders must call to cancel trips at least two hours in advance to continue receiving this service.
- Language assistance is available to any non-English speakers who wish to schedule trips.
- Due to limited capacity, CityBus may prioritize trips or create more limits in the future.
Paratransit is maintaining normal service hours to ensure people with a disability continue to have access to essential trips. CityBus is only allowing two passengers per trip on its smaller paratransit vehicles.
Passenger and Boarding Modifications
Face Coverings are Required
All passengers are required to wear a face covering when riding or waiting for the bus, in accordance with Sonoma County Health Officer’s Shelter in Place Order.
To further protect our drivers and passengers during the Shelter in Place Order, Santa Rosa CityBus is operating fare-free service. This measure is meant to eliminate passenger interaction with fareboxes and reduce close contact between drivers and passengers.
Rear Door Boarding
Passengers can board the bus through the rear doors to further reduce close interaction with the bus operator.
- CityBus is adhering to the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC) guidelines for disinfection and social distancing within buses and transit facilities. Efforts include but are not limited to:
- Sanitizing “high touch” areas at all CityBus facilities and all CityBus vehicles.
- Reducing hours to a Sunday schedule helps in slowing the spread as it enables CityBus to implement staff and vehicle scheduling practices to reduce the potential for exposure.
Please check timetables for current information or
call customer service 707-543-3333
Monday-Friday, 8:30a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Information is also available at the downtown transit mall kiosk.
Subscribe to receive CityBus email updates
Everyone must take the Shelter in Place Order seriously to protect one another. CityBus and Paratransit are operating during this time for essential travel only. Abide by the Order and stay home – for yourself, your family, and all members of our community.