Covid-19 Impacts on Recreation Programs
Suspended Recreation Programs & Services
- All Community Events & Gatherings are cancelled until further notice. No park, picnic, or event permits will be issued through at least June.
- All Community Centers and Facilities will remain closed, and all room rentals are suspended through at least June. No room reservations will be available in May and June at Finley Community Center, Person Senior Wing, Steele Lane Recreation Center, Deturk Round Barn, Church of One Tree, Doyle Clubhouse, and Franklin Clubhouse.
- Senior Programs, including the Senior Expo, are suspended until further notice.
- Finley Aquatic Center and Ridgway Swim Center will remain closed until further notice. This includes:
- All group swimming lessons (Private lessons and/or parent child lessons may be offered -TBD)
- All pool rentals
- Recreation public swim hours (drop-in recreational swim hours)
- Therapeutic water exercise, lifeguard training, water polo class.
- All Day Camps are cancelled through at least July. Camps Wa-Tam and Kennedy located in Howarth Park, Yu-chi located in Youth Park, Doyle Adventure Camp located in Doyle Park, and Recreation Sensation summer day camps offered to under-served youth at four school sites are cancelled for this summer. The City is evaluating the potential for some specialty day camps. Please check back for updates.
- Howarth Park amenities will remain closed until further notice, including the train, carousel, boat house, pony rides, snack bar, and animal barn. All City events and permitted events in Howarth Park, including Kids to Parks Day and Movies in the Park are cancelled.
- Community Volunteer events are suspended until further notice.
- Work Experience is cancelled through the summer.
- To Learn More about Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks programs and services, please visit https://srcity.org/397/Recreation-Parks/.
City Parks Open with Limited Amenities
Most City parks are now open, with limitations to certain amenities and features. Please note:
- Face coverings must be warn when coming within 6 feet of other people at a park.
- All playgrounds and picnic areas remain closed.
- Many public restrooms remain closed. Portable alternatives are available at select locations.
For more information about park status, please view the full list of open parks and available amenities.
If you have a disability or limited mobility, you may schedule a reservation for transportation accommodations to your nearby park by calling 707-546-1999.