• Small Business Administration.Federal small business resource that can provide additional assistance with loans and financing for your small business. SBA can provide low-interest federal disaster loans 
    • Virtual Disaster Loan Outreach Center - (800) 659-2955
  • Sonoma County Economic Development Board. Assists local business with resources, training, consulting services
  • City of Santa Rosa Business. City resource to assist with business licenses, forms, training and other local services.


Health & Wellness

  • County of Sonoma Warm Line. Getting ourselves and our lives back in a routine that is comfortable for us takes time.
    • Call (707) 565-2652 for free and private support if you or someone you know is experiencing emotional stress and anxiety during COVID-19. Seven days a week 10:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m.
  • Sonoma County Human Services Department. County office that provides a variety of service, including promoting and protecting the Health and Well-Being of Every Member of the Community.

Housing - Temporary / Rental

  • American Red Cross. Find shelters and assistance with temporary housing. Also includes financial assistance.


  • United Policyholders - Navigating the Insurance Process through Recovery
    • United Policyholders is a non-profit 501(c)(3) whose mission is to be a trustworthy and useful information resource and a respected voice for consumers of all types of insurance in all 50 states. In the aftermath of a disaster, residents struggle with serious and unexpected gaps in their insurance coverage and a claim process that is often adversarial. UP was formed to help level the playing field between insurers and insureds. United Policyholders was instrumental in support 2017 Santa Rosa wildfire survivors with their tools, resources, and guidance and are offering support now to our community's survivors impacted by the Glass Fire.
      Visit United Policyholders' 2020 California Wildfires webpage to access helpful resources
  • Claiming Reimbursement for Additional Living Expenses (ALE) incurred due to Mandatory Evacuation Order
    • Per United Policy Holders, you may be eligible to claim reimbursement from your insurance company for Additional Living Expenses (ALE) incurred due to a mandatory evacuation order. ALE covers expenses such as the cost of temporary housing or food. A deductible may or may not apply to your ALE claim, depending on your policy’s wording.
    • The City has created a searchable map tool that identifies the date range for each zone within the City limits that was under mandatory evacuation due to the Glass Fire as authorized by the Santa Rosa Police Department. Insurance providers can utilize this tool to verify individual customer addresses. Go to map:
    • Please note: If your temporary living expenses are modest, you may be better off paying them out of pocket to avoid filing an insurance claim that goes on your record and can increase the cost of your insurance. For more info on this, read United Policyholder’s “Evacuation Tips” here:

Property Assessments & Taxes

Replacing Lost Personal Documents

Fire survivors who lost important documents may need replacements to apply for services and begin the recovery process.
Access a list of agencies/service providers for requesting document replacements

Seniors - Services & Resources

Seniors who have lost homes or had property damage can find someone to assist them through the process of recovery by calling:

  • Sonoma County Human Services Department’s Adult and Aging Division, 707-565-5900
  • Council on Aging, 707-525-0143

Seniors can get help to navigate recovery paperwork, arrange transportation to recovery services offices, medical appointments, and other places, find warm nutritious meals or food at home, or get caregiving help for day-to-day needs.

Senior Housing

For help with housing, SHARE Sonoma County, in partnership with Petaluma People Services Center, offers a Home-Sharing Program for those 60 years and older. SHARE helps facilitate and screen safe home shares for seniors, including those needing basic assistance (service in exchange) go to or call 707-765-8488.

Home-Sharing is a living arrangement of two or more unrelated people who share a home or apartment for their mutual benefit. Each person has their own bedroom and possibly bathroom, but shares common living areas.

Additional Senior Resources

The Sonoma County Senior Guide from the Area Agency on Aging lists resources for seniors, their families and caregivers. Download the pdf in English or Spanish:


  • PG&E
    • For specific customer related updates, please call (800) 743-5000 for a PG&E customer service representative. 
    • For general information for evacuees returning home, visit
    • PG&E has services available that may help customers with recovery and/or financial hardship caused by the Glass Fire. Customers may receive financial assistance through one of the these programs if they qualify:


Residents displaced by the Glass Fire have options for how they can vote:

By Mail

  • If mail is being held, the ballot should have been mailed October 5 and received soon after with the rest of the resident's mail (depending on when the hold went into effect)
  • If mail is being forwarded, please contact the Sonoma County Registrar of Voters, as the ballot will NOT be forwarded to a new address

In Person

Updating Information for Destroyed Properties

Residents whose homes were destroyed are encouraged to take action to preserve their voting options. The Sonoma County Registrar of Voters suggests two options for updating voting information. 

  1. Stay registered at the current address and update mailing address.
    • This option is for those who are planning on rebuilding or reoccupying the existing property and want to continue voting in their current districts.
    • There is not a time limit on this option (rebuild or move in does not need occur in a specified period of time).
    • Residents should contact the Sonoma County Registrar of Voters office directly to update their mailing address:
  2. Register at a new address.
    • This option is for those who do not plan to return to their disaster-impacted property or who wish to vote in the districts in which they temporarily reside.

For more information on voting options following a disaster, visit the Sonoma County Registrar of Votes Office page.