- Departments & Services
- City Manager
- Inclusion Council
MissionThe Diversity and Inclusion Council helps the City champion diversity and inclusion.
VisionThe City will become a recognized leader in diversity and inclusion.
About the Council
The Diversity and Inclusion Council, comprised of City employees and community members, is committed to advancing a culture that allows our organization to embody existing and emerging knowledge, behaviors and best practices that support and enhance diversity and inclusion in our workplace and community.
ProjectsWe focus on diversity and inclusion by:
- Hosting events
- Providing training
- Developing tools
- Recognizing community groups
Building an Inclusive WorkplaceThe Diversity and Inclusion Council developed "Building an Inclusive Workplace" training in 2008. The training is required for all City employees to provide an organization-wide knowledge and understanding of inclusion and provide employees with tools to create a more inclusive workplace.
Boards & CommissionsThe Diversity and Inclusion Council, in partnership with the City Clerk's office, is developing tools and strategies to support the City Council in its efforts to increase diversity on Boards and Commissions.
- Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (PDF)
- Black History Month Proclamation (PDF)
- Chinese New Year Proclamation (PDF)
- Disability Awareness Month (PDF)
- National American Indian Heritage Month (PDF)
- National Latino Heritage Month (PDF)
- North Bay Veterans Resource Center (PDF)
- Pride Month (PDF)
- Women's History Month (PDF)
- Chinese New Year Proclamation Photos (PDF)
- Black History Month Proclamation Photos (PDF)
- Women's History Month Photos
- Cinco de Mayo Photos
- Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Photos
- Pride Month Photos
- National Latino Heritage Month Photos (PDF)
- Disability Awareness Month Photo
- North Bay Veterans Resource Center Photos (PDF)
- National American Indian Heritage Month Photos (PDF)