Last Content Update:
Welcome to the 2024 Benefits Page for Public Safety Employees
Outside Open Enrollment, you can make changes to your health benefit elections if you experience a "qualifying event." A "qualifying/life-changing event" includes marriage, divorce, a new baby, etc., and creates a special enrollment period.
During this special enrollment period, you can:
- Change your CalPERS Health Plan
- Add eligible dependents
- Remove Dependents
- Cancel Coverage
- Enroll in a health plan if you don't currently have coverage
- Enroll in Health and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account(s)
Changes made during a special enrollment period will take effect the 1st of the month following the event. All Open Enrollment changes take effect January 1, 2024.
Discover your options using the resources and information provided on this page by clicking on the plan or vendor tabs below.
(Looking for current plan year info? Visit the City of Santa Rosa Benefits page.)
- Blue Shield
- Delta Dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Net
- Standard Life Insurance
- United Healthcare
- VSP Vision
- Western Health
- City of Santa Rosa Benefits Page
Visit Blue Shield's CalPERS Open Enrollment site for all the information and resources you need to learn about your health plan options.
The site offers quick links to:
- Find a doctor
- Plan overview
- Pharmacy benefits
- Programs and services
- New member enrollment
Blue Shield is offering one-on-one consultations. Click HERE to schedule an appointment with a Blue Shield representative.
You now have access to a virtual option to help you learn more about Kaiser Permanente — safely and conveniently.
Kaiser Permanente’s virtual Open Enrollment hub offers:
• Live and on-demand webinars (in English and Spanish)
• Virtual tours of our hospitals and medical facilities
• Live chat with a Kaiser Permanente representative
• Videos showing how we tailor care services to fit your life
• Plan details you can download straight to your device
• Easy access with no log-in required
Additional Life Insurance is available to all employees through Standard.
Open Enrollment is a great opportunity to sign up for additional Life/AD&D up to the guaranteed issue amounts - $300,000 for employees & up to $20,000 for your spouse with no medical questions! It is also a great time to update beneficiaries.
Watch a video on Additional Life & AD&D Insurance here.
United Healthcare provides CalPERS members with access to quality network providers, digital tools you may need, doctors in your corner and health plans designed to make it easier to get care.
Explore the ways UnitedHealthcare plans are designed to help you take better care of yourself.
Watch UnitedHealthcare's Open Enrollment video for Open Enrollment information.
Find their Open Enrollment materials here.
The Western Health Advantage is available for Open Enrollment. Visit their website for more information on coverage available through Western Health.
Western health and is happy to take your calls at 888.942.7377 or chat us at westernhealth.com/calpers/about-us/contact-us/ with your questions.
Prefer to send an email? Leave a secure email at [email protected].
View their PowerPoint Presentation here. (Select "Read Only")
- Learn about your health benefit options by watching the above Open Enrollment video.
- Log into the City of Santa Rosa's online benefit platform, BenXcel, to confirm or make changes to your coverage. See instructions if logging in for the first time.
- If you plan to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (Health and/or Dependent Care), you must make your selection through the City of Santa Rosa's online benefit platform, BenXcel, for 2024. Enrollments from 2023 do not automatically enroll you in the 2024 plan year. Health FSA contributions are limited by the IRS to $3,050 per person in 2024 and DCAP contributions to $5,000 per year per eligible family. • The rollover option allows FSA participants to rollover up to $610 of unused health FSA funds into the 2024 plan year.
- If you would like to increase your supplemental life and/or AD&D coverage without providing Evidence of Insurability (EOI), you must make your selection through the City of Santa Rosa's online benefit platform, BenXcel.
- Submit all changes and documentation through BenXcel by the deadline of 5:00pm Friday, October 13, 2023. If logging into BenXcel for the first time, see login instructions here.
- If you do not plan to have an FSA and/or DECAP account and do not plan on making any other benefit changes for 2024, your benefits elections from 2023 will automatically roll over to 2024.
- Questions? Contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 707-543-3060. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Log into BenXcel and waive coverage
- Provide proof of coverage by completing the 2024 Proof of Other Coverage Certification in BenXcel
- Complete the Waiver of Health Insurance Form (from the forms tab below) and upload to BenXcel
- Complete in BenXcel no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, October 13, 2023 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 2024 CalPERS Health Benefit Summary
- 2024 Find a CalPERS Medical Plan
- CalPERS 2023 Open Enrollment Flyer
- CalPERS 2023-24 Open Enrollment Newsletter
- CalPERS A Guide to Choosing a Health Plan
- CalPERS Health Plans and Rates
- CalPERS Health Program Guide
- CalPERS Medicare Changes Information
- City of Santa Rosa Open Enrollment Guide
- Current PEMHCA Employer Contribution Amounts
- FAQ's - CalPERS Open Enrollment and Benefit Changes
- Understanding Your Health Plan Statement @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>