Small Business Support Program
Photo Credit: Sly Espinoza Photo Credit: Erik Castro
The primary goal of the Small Business Support Program is to encourage economic development and destination awareness of historically under-invested areas by enhancing the exterior appearance and commercial viability of storefront businesses.
Click HERE to review complete Guidelines and Process for this program.
General Façade Improvements
- Exterior lighting
- Security systems
- Windows, doors, and safety grilles
- Restoration of historical façade features
- Parklet buildouts
- Compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
Placemaking Façade Improvements
- Murals or other public art on building or parklet exterior. Participating businesses will be paired with a public art project manager who will work with you to design public art on-site, such as an exterior mural or mosaic, at no cost to you.
- 2022 - Phase 1 determined by location in the following prioritized areas (SEE MAP):
- Roseland commercial areas
- Santa Rosa Avenue/Petaluma Hill Road commercial areas
- Mid-2023 - Phase 2 pending fund availability, remaining commercial areas become eligible (see Phase 2 on MAP)
- Impacted Small Business:
- <500 employees
- Experienced decreased revenue or gross receipts during pandemic
- Experienced financial insecurity due to pandemic
- Faced increased costs
- Lack capacity to weather financial hardship due to pandemic
- Challenged with covering payroll, rent or mortgage, and other operating costs during pandemic
How to Apply
- Grants available retroactively for eligible projects completed on or after July 1, 2022.
- Click HERE to review complete Guidelines and Process for this program.
City of Santa Rosa Economic Development Division