Vacation is a time for fun and relaxation. Don't let yours be ruined by crime. Follow these crime prevention to ensure you have a good vacation.
- Engrave your valuables with your drivers license number (preceded by "CA") and post Operation Identification stickers in entry doors and windows.
- Have good locks on all doors and windows, and use them!
- Leave your trip plans and an emergency phone number with trusted neighbors or friends.
- Make your house appear "lived in." Use timers for lights and radios. Have a neighbor or a friend pick up mail, packages and newspapers, and keep the lawns mowed and watered.
- Never leave your house key hidden outside under a doormat, in a flower pot, or on the ledge of a door.