Proactive ApproachThe City of Santa Rosa takes a proactive approach to graffiti abatement. As "tagging" and gang graffiti has escalated, so too has the City's efforts to eliminate it.
Collaborative EffortThe Transportation and Public Works, Police and Parks Departments work collaboratively to address graffiti vandalism through abatement, education, and enforcement. It is hoped that through the efforts of the City staff, volunteers, property owners, and effective enforcement of Graffiti Abatement Ordinance 3729 (PDF), graffiti will be limited throughout the City of Santa Rosa.
Transportation and Public Works Department participation includes:
- Removal of graffiti from public property
- Administering the Volunteer Graffiti Abatement Program
- Conducting community outreach campaigns and attends special events
- Conducting vandalism investigations
- Enforcing the City's Graffiti Abatement Ordinance 3729 (PDF), which ensures graffiti located on private property is removed by the owners in a timely manner.
- Making Presentations to schools, community groups and neighborhood associations
Graffiti - Who to Call
|Caltrans - Report graffiti on the freeway, sound walls and highway signs||707-762-6641
|Graffiti Abatement Information
|North Bay Corporation - Report graffiti on trash cans / bins
|Parks Department - Report graffiti in parks
|Police Department - Community Outreach
|Police Department - Report graffiti in progress
|Report graffiti on private utilities - Cable TV (Comcast)
|Report graffiti on private utilities - Gas / Electrical (PG&E)
|Report graffiti on private utilities - Telephone (SBC)
|Sonoma County - Report graffiti in County areas