Weed abatement requirements will be enforced starting June 1, 2017 and will run through approximately October 31, 2017
2017 Weed Abatement Season
The City of Santa Rosa Fire Department would like to thank you for your continued support and commitment to fire prevention. Your diligence in maintaining your property for the safety of your family and your community is recognized and appreciated.
On the following page you will find links with further information regarding Weed Abatement requirements and resources.
- All undeveloped parcels (vacant lots)
- All developed parcels over .5 acres having over .5 acres of unimproved land
- All parcels located within the Wildland Urban Interface Fire Areas (see map)
Your parcel may be identified as a parcel that requires abatement/removal of weeds/rubbish at which time a notice will be sent. This does not mean that your property has an identified issue. The first notice is a reminder that fire season has begun. Your property will be inspected in a minimum of two weeks and may be inspected throughout the fire season.
Due to laws prohibiting illegal searches, the Inspectors will not look over fences, climb fences, enter a backyard or enter a residence to confirm weed complaints. All weed violations must be visible from the street and must be in the City of Santa Rosa's jurisdiction.
Complaints must be filed in one of the following written formats
*The information provided is confidential*
1- Fax to 707-543-3520: Please use Complaint Form -Weed Abatement Complaint Form.pdf
3- Report a Problem Online : (Also available in the app store for iPhone & Android under My Santa Rosa).
4- Mail to:
Please use Complaint Form (Weed Abatement Complaint Form.pdf) and send to:
City of Santa Rosa Weed Abatement Program
2373 Circadian Way
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Inclusion of photos are helpful
The Weed Abatement staff responds to each complaint; however, they may not follow up with you unless they have questions. Please submit all complaints in writing.
- Where does Weed Abatement apply?
- What is Weed Abatement?
- Does the Fire Department spray for weeds or perform the removal of weeds/rubbish?
- What do I do if I receive a notice?
- What does it mean if I have received a "violation notice"?
- Can I dispute a violation or an invoice?
- What if I do nothing?
- Will I be charged for that?
- What if I am the new owner, and the previous notices were not received by me?
- What if the parcel is owned by a group/corporation, and I was not receiving my mail at my mailing address?