The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is a federal subsidy program that helps low-income families afford market-rate, private rental housing in the city limits of Santa Rosa. Voucher holders pay approximately 30–40% of their monthly income towards the rent. The City of Santa Rosa Housing Authority pays the balance of the rent to the owner within reasonable limits.
To qualify applicants' annual gross income must be less than:
1 person - $44,050
2 persons - $50,350
3 persons - $56,650
4 persons - $62,900
5 persons - $67,950
6 persons - $73,000
7 persons - $78,000
8 persons - $83,050
*Income limits effective June 15, 2023 and subject to change.
Access Your Waitlist Account
The City of Santa Rosa has migrated the Section 8 Housing Voucher Program Waitlist online. The online system makes it easy to access your account and to update and verify your information, such as updating your household or contact information if it has changed. You can also check to see if there are any open waitlists for project/site-based vouchers for which you may qualify. To access your existing Waitlist account, click the Log In button below or click HERE.
If you are a person with a disability and you need a disability-related accommodation to access any programs, services, or activities provided by the City of Santa Rosa Housing Authority, you may contact the City of Santa Rosa at (707) 543-3300. Translation services are available upon request.
If you have a vacant unit that you would like to add to our current list of rent referrals, please fill out the Notice of Vacant Rental Unit Form (PDF) and submit it to us by mail, email, fax (707-543-3317), or in person at our front counter located at 90 Santa Rosa Avenue. You may also call us at 707-543-3300 to have it listed.
UpdatesSign up to receive email updates on available rentals.
- Annual Public Housing Agency Plan - Fiscal Year 2023-2024
- 5-Year Public Housing Agency Plan - 2021-2026
- Public Housing Agency Administrative Plan
- Earn It Keep It Save It - Free Tax Preparation for Qualifying Households from United Way
- Fair Housing Advocates of Northern California
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- 2023 Income Limits
- Section 8 Program Information
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- 2023 Utility Allowances - Energy Efficiency Apartments and Townhouses
- 2023 Utility Allowances for Tenant Furnished Utilities - Duplex and Detached House
- 2023 Utility Allowances for Tenant Furnished Utilities - Apartment and Townhouse