Changes in Income / Family Composition

You must notify the Housing Authority immediately, in writing (PDF), if your income or your family composition changes. Such changes may cause your rent to be lowered or raised. If you do not report these changes, you are defrauding the Federal Government and may be found to be no longer eligible for the Program. In such a case, the Housing Authority could end its contract with your owner and you could be denied continued rental assistance.