Moving & Continuing in the Program

If you decide to move, Section 8 rental assistance may be transferred to the owner at your new address. However, you must still be eligible for assistance and you must legally end your lease with your present owner. You must inform the Housing Authority of your intentions with a copy of the 30 day notice to vacate as given to your landlord, and you will be scheduled to recertify and be reissued a Housing Choice Voucher.