Obtain Shelter or Housing Assistance
If you are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless and need help please visit Sonoma County’s Homelessness Services website for information on the Coordinated Entry system and resources available to you.
Call for Help:
For food, vital services, shelter & housing:
- 211 from the 707 area code or text your zip code to 898211
- 707-978-8329 to reach HOST - Catholic Charities' Homeless Outreach Services Team
In the event of a mental health emergency:
- 707-575-4357 to reach the inRESPONSE mental health support team (paramedic, mental health clinician, homeless outreach specialist). For more information, please visit the inRESPONSE page.
Domestic violence crisis line:
- 707-546-1234 for support, emergency shelter, and childcare
301 6th St.; Mon.- Fri. 6 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.* and Sat. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Showers, laundry, mail, health services, connections to shelter and housing resources.
*Thu. 12-5:30pm - mail collection and restroom access only
The Living Room
1335 N. Dutton Ave; Mon.- Fri. 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Day center for women and their children. Breakfast, lunch, classes, support groups, connections to shelter and housing resources.
More information on Day Services, Drop-In Centers, Street Outreach, Safe Parking, and Rental Assistance in Santa Rosa can be found on our Programs and Initiatives page.
Homeless Resources Flyer
To download and print the City's Homeless Resources flyer in English and Spanish, click here or on the image below.
Additional Community Resources
- To report encampments or unaccompanied debris visit our Encampment Resolution page.
Santa Rosa Police Department
- If you witness or know of Illegal activity occurring, it should be reported to the Santa Rosa Police Department’s 24/7 non-emergency line at 707-528-5222.
- For urgent matters call 911.
- Calls for service will be prioritized based on urgency and available resources.
- You may also contact the beat sergeant(s) responsible for your neighborhood/area in the city and set up a meeting. Beat maps and contact information is available on the SRPD website.
Volunteer or Donate
In lieu of handing out food, clothing or other items, please consider volunteering your time or making a donation to community organizations in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County that work to end homelessness. While reaching out directly to those in need may feel compassionate there are often unintended consequences associated with such actions. For example, if surplus items are not needed at the time, they often end up as debris in our parks, creeks and underpasses. Check with the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County for volunteer opportunities, or connect with homeless service providers to see how you can help.