Obtain Shelter or Housing Assistance
If you are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless and need help please visit Sonoma County’s Homelessness Services website for more information on housing assistance and emergency shelter information. This page contains information regarding the United Way of the Wine County’s resources database, the Coordinated Entry System, year-round Homeless Shelters and Seasonal Shelter operations in Sonoma County.
2-1-1 is a local hotline that provides information about a variety of services in Sonoma County, including housing, shelter and food. You can contact them by dialing 2-1-1 from any phone number with a 707 area code or visiting their website here.
Information on Day Services, Drop-In Centers, Street Outreach, Safe Parking, and Rental Assistance in Santa Rosa can be found on our Programs and Initiatives page.
- To report encampments or unaccompanied debris visit our Encampment Resolution page.
Catholic Charities' Homeless Outreach Services Team (HOST)
- If an individual or group of individuals is frequenting your property or in the area and in need of services, please contact HOST at 707-978-8329 or [email protected] (this is for non-urgent matters).
inResponse Mental Health Support Team
- If you or someone else is experiencing a mental health crisis in Santa Rosa, contact the inResponse Mental Health Support Team at 707-575-HELP (4357) for emergency/immediate response.
- Call 707-204-9756 or [email protected] for system navigators, ongoing issues and response.
- For more information: srcity.org/inRESPONSE.
Santa Rosa Police Department
- If you witness or know of Illegal activity occurring, it should be reported to the Santa Rosa Police Department’s 24/7 non-emergency line at 707-528-5222.
- For urgent matters call 911.
- Calls for service will be prioritized based on urgency and available resources.
- You may also contact the beat sergeant(s) responsible for your neighborhood/area in the city and set up a meeting. Beat maps and contact information is available on the SRPD website.
- For 24/7 information and referral services, please call 2-1-1 or visit 211sonoma.org.
Volunteer or Donate
In lieu of handing out food, clothing or other items, please consider volunteering your time or making a donation to community organizations in Santa Rosa and Sonoma County that work to end homelessness. While reaching out directly to those in need may feel compassionate there are often unintended consequences associated with such actions. For example, if surplus items are not needed at the time, they often end up as debris in our parks, creeks and underpasses. Check with the Volunteer Center of Sonoma County for volunteer opportunities, or connect with homeless service providers to see how you can help.
Homeless Service Providers (Partial List)
Social Advocates for Youth (SAY)