Permits - Public Works

Relevant Permits


Encroachment Permits are issued for construction work that impacts the City right-of-way. Encroachment refer to use of public property by someone other than the City.

Examples include:

  • Placing facilities in the public right of way
  • Placing a mail box in a parking strip
  • Replacing sidewalk
  • Trenching and excavations

The City requires that anyone wishing to create or construct an encroachment in the public right of way obtain permission through an encroachment permit.

Encroachment Permits are handled by the Engineering Development Services Division. Encroachment Permits can be found here.


Transportation Permits are issued for commercial vehicles transporting heavy loads through City roadways. Please refer to City Ordinance 3514 for a listing of City streets and roadways where commercial use is prohibited.

Useful Documents