The artist selection process started with the announcement of the College and Mendocino Avenue Public Art Project Opportunity, open to professional artists residing in the San Francisco Bay Area. 22 highly qualified artists answered a "Request for Qualifications."
A Selection Panel of 7 professionals was formed to represent the site owner, the City of Santa Rosa, and the arts community. We would like to thank these people for their assistance with this project:
- Charles Evans - Redevelopment Agency
- Debra Lehane - Public Art Consultant
- John Sawyer - Art in Public Places Committee
- Judy Voigt - Voigt Family Sculpture Foundation
- Michael Olsen - Superior Floor Coverings
- Ralf Konietzko - Design Review Board
- Sally Baker - Arts Council of Sonoma County
The Selection Panel reviewed the 22 artists' qualifications by viewing submitted slides and resumes. They took on the difficult task of selecting five artists which are best qualified for this project.