Housing Authority

Meetings

  • 1:30 p.m.
  • 4th Monday of every month
  • City Hall
    100 Santa Rosa Avenue
    City Council Chambers
    Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Agendas & Minutes

Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.

View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes

 Bylaws

View a full list of bylaws

Members

  • Tom LaPenna, Chair
    Term expires: December 31, 2024
  • Jeremy Newton, Vice-Chair
    Term expires: December 31, 2026
  • Dr. Wayne Downey, Ph.D., Commissioner
    Term expires: December 31, 2024
  • Andrew Smith, Commissioner
    Term expires: December 31, 2026
  • Jeff Owen, Commissioner
    Term expires: December 31, 2026
  • Doug Shivananda, Tenant Commissioner
    Term expires: August 8, 2025
  • Angela Conte, Tenant Commissioner
    Term expires: August 8, 2025

Responsibilities

The Santa Rosa Housing Authority (SRHA) was established in 1971 with the purpose of ensuring adequate, decent, safe, and sanitary housing for income-eligible households in Santa Rosa. The SRHA primarily consists of the Santa Rosa Housing Trust and Rental Housing Assistance programs, both of which are responsible for improving the quality and affordability of housing in the City. 

The Santa Rosa Housing Trust partners with many private and non-profit organizations to develop, rehabilitate, and preserve affordable housing and to convert market rate housing to affordable housing. Through the Trust, the SRHA has supported the creation of approximately 5,000 affordable units, representing $120 million invested in affordable housing in Santa Rosa. 

Through the Rental Housing Assistance program, which includes the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher, Project-Based Voucher, and HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (HUD-VASH) programs, the SRHA administers monthly housing assistance payments for more than 2,000 households in Santa Rosa. This includes vouchers for low-income individuals and families, veterans, people experiencing homelessness and disaster survivors.

Funding

The SRHA FY 2023/24 budget is $47.9M, 92% of which comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), with the remaining 8% from State and local funds.

Affordable Housing Map

A new online map of affordable housing in Santa Rosa displays multi-family, senior citizen, and special needs properties, as well as mobile home parks, that have been funded by or are under agreement with the Santa Rosa Housing Authority.Click Here to View Affordable Housing Map Opens in new window

Housing Authority Fact Sheet

HousingFactSheet_10.23 Opens in new window


Staff Contact Information

Megan Basinger, Director

[email protected]

Steven V. Brown, Recording Secretary [email protected]