12:30-2:30pm or 3-5pm
Steele Lane Community Center
415 Steele Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Maximum Party Size
Your party includes the use of two rooms, the Hub for drills and games and a separate Party Room for celebrating. Typically, while the party host sets up the Party Room, the kids spend the first hour of the party with their coach in the air-conditioned Hub, doing drills, activities and games. The children then head to the Party Room for 30 minutes to open gifts and enjoy goodies. The last 30 minutes is spent back in the Hub for team competitions including a game where the parents play against the kids! Notify instructor if you have any requests regarding party format or games. No food or drinks are allowed in the game room and no glass or alcohol is permitted. Please arrive up to 10 minutes prior to your party start-time and use the rear entrance on the North side of the building for your convenience.
Included in the Party
- A brief verbal dodgeball instruction covering rules, guidelines and answering any questions attendees may have regarding game play.
- Entertaining games including "Traditional," "Medic," "Guard the Treasure" and "Backboard."
- Team competitions with sports music and a referee.
- An enthusiastic and motivating instructor/referee who encourages teamwork, fair play, sportsmanship and fun.
- Party room, air-conditioned game room and all dodgeball equipment for a 2-hour party.
- A collectible "Parties in the Hub" wristband that participants can take home as a party favor.
- PLEASE NOTE: We use safe, low density foam "Gator Skin" balls (as seen in picture above).
Booking a Party
Call 707-543-3282 or 707-543-3737 to book your party. Scheduling options are limited due to instructor availability, and parties must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- What is the schedule of a typical party?
Typically, while the party host sets up the Party Room, the kids spend the first hour of the party with their coach in the air-conditioned Hub, doing drills, activities and games. The children then head to the Party Room for 30 minutes to open gifts and enjoy goodies. The last 30 minutes is spent back in the Hub for team competitions including a game where the parents play against the kids upon request!
- Who are the staff?
An experienced Recreation & Parks coach leads your party, encouraging teamwork, sportsmanship and fun.
- How do I get my deposit back?
Leave both rooms the way you found them, disposing of all trash, decorations and party remnants, and ensuring that there is no damage to the equipment or facility—make sure no one hangs from the basketball hoops! Remember, food and drinks are NOT allowed in game room.
- Are the parties safe?
All parties are sport-related and have some inherent risk. However, we strive to make our facility and activities as safe as possible and first aid kits are on site. Coaches supervise all games and activities. Dodgeball parities use low-density foam balls.
- What should participants wear?
Loose fitting and comfortable sports attire (i.e. t-shirts, basketball shorts, tennis shoes).
- Can we bring ice cream or ice cream cakes?
Yes, we have a small freezer, but space is limited. When you arrive, let the coach know you need to use it. Bring all your own serving utensils and paper products.
- Can we bring hot food?
Yes, but it needs to be ready to serve as there is no oven, microwave or stove available.
- What should we tell guests?
Encourage them to arrive on time so you don’t lose any of your game time. Let them know to use the rear entrance on the North side of the building. Make sure they abide by facility rules of no food/drink in game room, no alcohol or glass in building and no damage to the facility or equipment, as this will help you to get your deposit back.
- Do parents stay or go?
Parents are welcome to stay and watch. Parents are also encouraged to participate in the final games (parents vs. kids).
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?
A cancellation must be made at least 7 days prior to party date to receive a full refund. There is a 25% fee for cancellations made fewer than 7 days in advance of party date and there will be no refund granted for cancellations made within 3 business days of party date. All cancellations must be made in person or by phone.