The Pavement Preventative Maintenance (PPM) project 2020 consists of performing preventative maintenance on arterial City streets including crack sealing, localized asphalt repairs, pavement resurfacing and striping reconfiguration at select locations.
PPM 2020 performed preventative maintenance on the following City streets:
- Brookwood Avenue (between Sonoma Avenue and Maple Avenue)
- E Street (between College Avenue and Sonoma Avenue)
- South Hedley Street (between Bennett Valley Road and Aston Avenue)
- Aston Avenue (between South Hendley Street and Brookwood Avenue)
- Allan Way (between Brookwood Avenue and Cooper Drive)
- Petaluma Hill Road (between Colgan Avenue to City limits)
- Kawana Springs Road (between Santa Rosa Avenue and City limits)
The PPM work on E Street, from College Avenue to Sonoma Avenue, involves lane reconfiguration designed to reduce traffic flow to one lane in each direction with the addition of a center turn lane. This reduction in traffic lanes allows bike lane striping to include a 3-foot buffered space between the bike lane and the vehicle lane to provide additional separation for bicyclists, creating a more comfortable bicycling experience.
Installation of a class II buffered bike lane on E Street is a project identified for improvement in the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan Update 2018. This project is expected to be complete by the end of August 2020.