The Pavement Preventative Maintenance (PPM) project 2020 consists of performing preventative maintenance on arterial City streets including crack sealing, localized asphalt repairs, pavement resurfacing and striping reconfiguration at select locations.
PPM 2020 is performing preventative maintenance on the following City streets:
- Brookwood Avenue (between Sonoma Avenue and Maple Avenue)
- E Street (between College Avenue and Sonoma Avenue)
- South Hendley Street (between Bennett Valley Road and Aston Avenue)
- Aston Avenue (between South Hendley Street and Brookwood Avenue)
- Allan Way (between Brookwood Avenue and Cooper Drive)
- Petaluma Hill Road (between Colgan Avenue to City limits)
- Kawana Springs Road (between Santa Rosa Avenue and City limits)
The PPM work on E Street, from College Avenue to Sonoma Avenue, involves lane reconfiguration designed to reduce vehicle lanes from two lanes to one lane in each direction with the addition of a center turn lane. This reduction in vehicle lanes allows for installation of new buffered bike lanes on E Street. Buffered Bike lanes provide a 3-foot buffer space between the bike lane and the vehicle lane, creating additional separation for bicycles, leading to a more comfortable bicycling experience.
Installation of a class II buffered bike lanes on E Street is an improvement project identified in the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan Update 2018. This project is expected to be complete by the end of August 2020.