The National Weather Service has issued another RED FLAG WARNING for the North Bay Mountains, specifically the Glass Fire, from 4 PM Saturday (10/3) to 6 AM Sunday (10/4) for dry conditions and gusty winds above 1000 feet for fire weather zone.
WEATHER EVENT DETAILS:
* AFFECTED AREA: North Bay mountains above 1000 feet.
* WIND: Northwest 10 to 25 mph with gusts 25 to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY: 15 to 25 percent but locally 8-12 percent with little or no nighttime recovery in the hills.
* HIGHEST THREAT: Active portions of the Glass Fire or those areas with unsecured or open fire line.
* IMPACTS: Fire will spread rapidly due to the combination of hot temperatures, very dry fuels, breezy northerly winds and low humidity.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
City of Santa Rosa Preparedness Information: