*FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT WEDNESDAY (10/14) THROUGH FRIDAY (10/16) FOR GUSTY OFFSHORE WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY*
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a Fire Weather Watch for the North Bay Mountains in elevations above 1,000 feet. The Watch will be in effect from 5 AM Wednesday (10/14) through 11 AM Friday (10/16).
WEATHER EVENT DETAILS:
* AFFECTED AREA: North Bay Mountains (including the Glass Fire).
* WIND: North to northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts of 30 to 40 mph. Higher peaks and ridges can expect gusts of 45 to 50 mph. Strongest winds are anticipated Wednesday evening into Thursday morning.
* HUMIDITY: Daytime humidity values will drop as low as 10 to 20 percent with little to no nighttime recoveries.
* HIGHEST THREAT: Mountains of northeastern Sonoma County.
* IMPACTS: Any fires that start will likely spread rapidly due to combination of dry fuels, breezy northerly winds, and low humidity.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS: A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.
City of Santa Rosa Preparedness Information: