The National Weather Service has issued a Fire Weather Watch from 11 PM Tuesday (8/17) to 11 AM Wednesday (8/18) morning. Dry, gusty offshore winds will be possible over the interior North Bay Mountain & East Bay Hills from Tuesday night into Wednesday. The area of greatest concern are the hills of Napa County where minimum relative humidity values will be quite dry on Wednesday and gusts could be 30 to 40 mph. Models indicate that these winds could also spread into the interior hills of Sonoma County.
- AFFECTED AREA (Locally)... North Bay Mountains (excluding the coastal terrain)
- TIMING... 11 pm Tuesday night through 11 am Wednesday morning
- WINDS... North to Northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts 30 to 40 mph. Locally up to 50 mph over highest peaks
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY... As low as 10 percent
- IMPACTS... Any fire starts would likely see rapid spread due to dry fuels and gusty winds
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Monitor for additional forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.
Learn how to prepare for fire weather and wildfires by visiting srcity.org/ReadySR and srcity.org/WildfireReady..