A Moderate Heat Risk Event is forecasted for today (Monday 8/15) though Wednesday (8/17) with the hottest temperatures expected on Tuesday (8/16).
- Highs in mid 90s to low 100s possible far inland areas on Tuesday.
- Reduce time spent outdoors
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated
- Check on elderly, those with sensitivity to heat and your pets
The City of Santa Rosa will continue to monitor the forecast and provide updates and/or activate a cooling center if conditions meet set criteria. At this time, it is not believed that this will become a Very High heat risk event. Although not activated as official cooling centers at this time, Finley and Steele Lane community centers will be open during the day on Tuesday (6/21) for residents to find relief from the warm daytime temperatures. Hours of operation for each facility is as follows:
- Finley Community Center: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Steele Lane Community Center: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.