**UPDATE: COOLING CENTER EXTENDED THROUGH THURSDAY (9/8)**
Last updated: Sept. 5, 2022, at 12:45 p.m.
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for the entire San Francisco Bay Area and Central Coast, including ALL of Santa Rosa, which is in effect from Saturday (9/3) morning through Thursday (9/8) evening. The NWS considers this Excessive Heat Warning a moderate to high-risk event in the Santa Rosa area. Additionally, our region has experienced an increase in recent fire activity, and so the community is urged to avoid activities that could accidentally start a fire. Learn more at srcity.org/WildfireReady and srcity.org/ReadySR.
Cooling Center in Santa Rosa to Open Saturday through Thursday (9/3 through 9/8)
Due to the heightened weather conditions, the City of Santa Rosa will activate the following cooling center:
- Finley Community Center – 2060 W College Ave
- Saturday to Thursday (9/8) from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day
Residents Should Plan Ahead for Their Visit
- Books, games, and laptops are welcome.
- For the experience of all residents, please bring and use headphones for listening to electronics.
- Free WiFi is available, but no broadcast television, and the ability to charge devices may be limited.
- Due to space limitations, please limit your personal items to one small tote and daypack per person.
- Only service animals will be permitted inside the cooling center.
- Please note that the City of Santa Rosa is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Residents Encouraged to be Mindful of Personal Health During the Heat
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay out of the sun.
- Check up on relatives and neighbors who may need extra assistance.
- Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances.
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. When possible, wear lightweight and loose-fitting clothing.