City Council Approves Submittal of $2.7M HOME-ARP Allocation Plan to HUD
The City Council has authorized submittal of the Housing and Community Services Department's proposed Allocation Plan for use of a one-time $2.7 million allocation of federal HOME-ARP funds for homelessness assistance and supportive services in Santa Rosa. The Council has authorized the submittal of the plan to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The draft plan, staff report, and presentation to City Council made on Feb. 28 are available online at the following link: LEARN MORE
Original Post: February 7, 2023
City Seeks Input on Draft Allocation Plan for $2.7M Allocation of HOME-ARP Funds
The City of Santa Rosa would like your input on the use of federal HOME Investments Partnership – American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) funds. The City has been allocated to receive up to $2,737,433 in HOME-ARP funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The one-time funds must benefit individuals experiencing or at risk of homelessness, experiencing housing instability, or fleeing domestic violence. Eligible uses for these funds include Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA), development and support of affordable housing, supportive services, and acquisition and development of non-congregate shelter (NCS) units. Comments received will be incorporated into the Allocation Plan submitted to HUD.
Public Comment Period
The public comment period runs from February 10, 2023, through February 28, 2023.
A public hearing will be held at the Santa Rosa City Council meeting on February 28, 2023, at or after 5:00 p.m., utilizing a hybrid public meeting format. The purpose of the public hearing will be to receive public comment and recommendations prior to the City Council acting on authorizing submittal of the HOME-ARP Allocation Plan to HUD.
To slow the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of the public and staff, the City is conducting hybrid public meetings with in-person, streaming video and telephone options.
- Meeting access information (including instructions) and meeting documents are available online at: https://santa-rosa.legistar.com/Calendar.
- Online Access: Join Meeting - Zoom - Meeting ID: [868 7677 9687]
- Phone Access: Dial: 877 853 5257 (Toll Free) Meeting ID: [868 7677 9687]
- Members of the public may also participate in person at City Council Chamber at 100 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA.
View the Plan
Beginning on February 10, 2023, the Draft Allocation Plan will be available for public comment.
- The draft Plan will be available electronically on the City’s website at the following link: SRCity.org/767/State-Federal-Reports-and-Resources.
- Electronic review copies may be requested by emailing [email protected].
- Paper copies will be available at City Hall Annex at 90 Santa Rosa Avenue, City Hall Room 10 at 100 Santa Rosa Avenue, and at the Central Santa Rosa branch of the Sonoma County Library located at 211 E. Street, Santa Rosa.
Provide Comments & Ask Questions
Comments and questions may be emailed or mailed to:
Marc Hughes, Program Specialist
Department of Housing and Community Services
City of Santa Rosa
90 Santa Rosa Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404