Large Landscape Transformation Award: Meadowgreen #2 Owners Association
- The Meadowgreen #2 Owners Association transformed over 6,000 square feet of lawn into a beautiful low water-use landscape, saving nearly 200,000 gallons of water each year.
Large Landscape Transformation Award: The Orchard
- The Orchard won this award for transforming over 10,000 square feet of lawn in common areas and encouraging residents to remove an additional 4,000 square feet and saving 315,000 gallons of water annually.
Single Family Award: Don and Beth Steffy
- The Steffy's installed high efficiency toilets, showerheads, and sink aerators and only run their water efficient dishwasher and clothes washer when they are completely full. They also collect rainwater and use it to flush toilets in the winter and for irrigation in the summer. The Steffy's use is approximately 2,000 gallons a month less than the average two-person single-family household in Santa Rosa.
Single Family Award: Janet Bosshard
- Janet Bosshard utilized the WaterSmart Portal to monitor her water use online. Janet uses 2,000 gallons of water less each month than the average single resident in Santa Rosa. One of the many ways she saves is collecting rainwater to irrigate her yard, most of which is native or low water use plants. Janet also finds creative ways to capture and reuse water inside her home before it ends up going down the drain.
Single Family Award: Kitty Uhrich-Mayer
- Kitty Uhrich-Mayer is one of the first single-family home residents to complete the Sustained Reduction rebate program. Kitty used the rebate to upgrade her swamp cooler to a model that does not use water. This water-saving upgrade saves her almost 4,000 gallons a month.