Santa Rosa residents are invited to attend the City of Santa Rosa’s free Wildfire Ready Resource Fair, the City’s annual event focused on promoting wildfire preparedness information and building community resilience. Taking place on Saturday, August 19, from 10am to 2pm at Finley Community Center, this event will feature an array of exhibitors and three seminars, providing valuable knowledge and resources to help individuals, families, and the community stay safe and resilient in the face of wildfires.
“Now that we are in the middle of wildfire season, we all need to be prepared for fires or any disaster in our community,” said Mayor Natalie Rogers. “I’m encouraging residents to attend the fair to hear from experts and learn how to effectively protect your home from wildfire dangers. In addition, I also want to encourage Santa Rosa residents to sign up for SoCoAlert and CivicReady alerts to stay informed about the next emergency.”
Highlights of the 2023 Wildfire Ready Resource Fair include:
- Seminars by leading local experts:
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: “Prepare for Wildfire and Harden Your Home Now to Protect it from RED!” presented by Roberta Macintyre, President of Fire Safe Sonoma.
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: “Are You Ready for an Emergency, Santa Rosa?” presented by Neil Bregman, Emergency Manager, and Paul Lowenthal, Division Chief Fire Marshal of the Santa Rosa Fire Department
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.: “Ecological Land Practices and Fire Safe Landscaping” presented by Bob Schneider, Design and Implementation Manager of Sonoma Ecology Center
- Exhibitors Showcase:
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Explore a wide range of exhibitors, including local fire departments, emergency management agencies, insurance providers, environmental organizations, and more. They will provide educational materials and expert advice on how to prepare for and mitigate wildfire risks effectively.
- Food will also be available to purchase from a local food vendor.
- Go Bags to the first 150 attendees to RSVP
- The go bags will contain things you will want to have if you need to leave in a hurry. To qualify for a free go bag, attendees must RSVP in advance, limit one go bag per household, and be present on August 19 to collect the go bag. More information is available online at SRCity.org/WildfireReadyEvent
“The Wildfire Ready Resource Fair is a pivotal event for Santa Rosa residents, providing them with essential knowledge and tools to protect their loved ones and homes from the increasing threat of wildfires,” explains Santa Rosa Fire Chief Scott Westrope. “The event brings together the Santa Rosa Fire Department, local law enforcement agencies, environmental conservation groups, and various emergency response teams to empower our residents with comprehensive knowledge and to boost resiliency.”
Visit SRCity.org/WildfireReadyEvent for more information, including a full schedule of seminars and a list of participating exhibitors.