Stony Point Road Reconstruction & Widening Project
The City of Santa Rosa would like to thank you for your patience throughout this time of construction. We are working closely with our contractors to minimize impacts and keep residents informed. For your convenience, weekly updates will be posted on this project website, and we invite you to stay connected with us on social media to help you navigate through affected areas.
Update: July 9, 2018
Expected activities for the week of July 9:
Clean-up and finishing activities will continue. Permanent
striping will be installed following completion of surface finish work. Pleasedrive with caution and pay attention to signage.
Your continued patience is appreciated as we prepare to open the road in its new configuration, including two lanes of traffic in each direction and bike lanes.
If you have questions or concerns about construction activities, please call the project hotline at (707) 535-0799 or visit: www.stonypointroad.com.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to complete this project.
What We Are Doing
Now, through Summer of 2018, the final construction phase of the Stony Point Road widening and reconstruction project is underway. In this final phase, Stony Point Road will be widened into four lanes from Sebastopol Road to Hearn Avenue and then taper into two lanes with a middle turn lane from Hearn Avenue to Barndance Lane. We are widening Stony Point Road to help alleviate traffic congestion; enhance safety; facilitate the flow of vehicular, pedestrian and bicycle traffic; and improve connectivity between the north and south sections of Santa Rosa.
- Additional travel lanes will be added to Stony Point Road
- The roadway will be completely reconstructed and repaved
- Bicycle lanes will be added on both sides of Stony Point Road
- The Roseland Creek culvert bridge will be widened
- Construction of permanent features, such as retaining walls and sound walls
- New sidewalk and curb ramps will be constructed
- Traffic signal improvements at six intersections
- A landscaped median will be added
- Street lighting will be enhanced along this corridor