Beginning June 1, 2020, CityBus will begin operating a new schedule with additional trips as part of its ongoing response to COVID-19. The new schedule will be in effect until further notice. CityBus intends these changes to provide a more useful service for all returning transit users as Sonoma County begins to reopen. As CityBus works to restore transit services within the financial constraints brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, our top priority will continue to be ensuring the highest level of safety possible for our passengers and employees. On June 1, 2020 and until further notice, CityBus will be operating the following routes and services. Please read the description fully. We appreciate your patience during this transition.
VIEW NEW SERVICE SCHEDULE
Riders can use the current maps and schedules to see the Saturday and Sunday timetables and routings. As noted above the exceptions are Route 10, which will serve Round Barn Blvd. even though it will be operating on a Saturday timetable, and Route 15, which will operate on the regular weekday schedule Monday-Friday.
Santa Rosa ADA Paratransit will provide the first pick up at 6:00 a.m. with the last trips of the day departing at 8:00 p.m. Monday – Saturday. On Sundays, the first pick up time is 9:00 a.m. and the last trips of the day are at 5:30 p.m.
Special Call-Ahead Service
CityBus will continue to provide its special call-ahead service. The call-ahead service is for essential trips only. These trips must be to and/or from a location that CityBus serves with fixed route under normal operating conditions but is not serving under the new modified schedule. This restriction applies to weekday trips. In addition to serving locations as stated above the service will also provide earlier and later trips on Saturdays from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. The service is not available on Sunday.
- This service is for riders who MUST travel to either a job at an essential service provider or to an essential destination within the city of Santa Rosa.
- Riders must call ahead to 707-546-1999 to register for this service and schedule this trip.
- Riders registering for this service will need to provide their name, home address, contact information and destination address trip. Once registered for the service, riders can schedule a trip up to 7 days in advance of the trip but at a minimum must schedule their trip the day before between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday-Saturday, or between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- Riders must call to cancel trips at least two hours in advance to continue receiving this service.
- Language assistance is available to any non-English speakers who wish to schedule trips.
- Due to limited capacity, CityBus may prioritize trips or create more limits in the future.
Your Health and Safety on Transit
CityBus continues to provide frequent disinfection of all high-touch surfaces within buses throughout the service day. CityBus is still not collecting fares. Drivers will continue asking all riders to board and leave by the rear door. The exception is riders needing to use the wheelchair ramp. CityBus requires face coverings for all riders boarding CityBus and Santa Rosa Paratransit vehicles.
Due to social distancing requirements, CityBus drivers may limit boardings if buses become too full and social distancing is not possible.
For your protection and the protection of others, the Sonoma County Public Health Officer requires all residents to comply with the following social distancing and hygiene requirements:
- Maintain at least a six-foot distance from other individuals who are not part of the same household.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer.
- Wear face coverings outside of the home to the extent possible.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or fabric or, if not possible, into the sleeve or elbow (but not into hands).
- Avoid all social interaction outside the household (including use of public transit) when sick with a fever or cough.
We recognize this is a very challenging time for our community and our riders, and we are grateful to all our riders who are abiding by the Public Health Orders and limiting their travel to essential trips. We look forward to getting back to regular service as soon as it is possible to do so. In the meantime, please contact us at 707-543-3333 for assistance with planning essential trips or to provide feedback on our service.