How does Vegetation Management reduce wildfires?
Homes in densely wooded or brushy areas may be highly susceptible to wildland fires in the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) parts of Santa Rosa. We recommend property owners clear combustible materials from around their homes. Actions take before wildfire occurs will help improve the survivability of people and homes.

These activities include:
- Smart Building Materials
Use of Fire Resistant Plants
- Vegetation Management Known as Defensible Space (Reducing and Removing Flammable Plant Materials)

Visit the Fire Safe Sonoma site and download the booklet 'Living with Fire in Sonoma County'. This will offer you clear guidelines for vegetation management in your neighborhood. Call 707-543-3500 for more information or to report problems. You can also visit our website to learn where the WUI's are located. For more information visit the Fire Safe Sonoma website.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact for information about Auto Dismantling?
2. Where can I store Campers, RV’s, Boats and Trailers?
3. Where can I park cars or trucks?
4. Who is responsible for Street Trees?
5. What do I need to know about fences?
6. How does Vegetation Management reduce wildfires?
7. Is there a limit on garage/yard sales?
8. What is the Residential Parking Permit Program?
9. What do I need to know about basketball hoops on streets or sidewalks?
10. How do I report Street Lighting, Traffic Signals and Traffic Signs?
11. Who is responsible for sidewalk maintenance?
12. How can I report Trash Dumping?
13. How do I report Junk Accumulation?
14. How do I report illegal storm drain dumping?
15. What is the purpose of the Industrial Waste Discharge Permit?
16. How do I report Water Theft?
17. Why does a home business need a Home Occupation Permit?
18. Who do I contact for animal control?
19. Who do I call about dead animals in the public right-of-way?
20. How can I report loud parties?
21. What can I do about Solicitors?
22. How can I report a Neighborhood Crime?
23. What is Neighborhood Watch?