Where can a short-term rental operate in the City?

Hosted short-term rentals can operate anywhere in the City and within any distance of another short-term rental of any kind.

Non-hosted short-term rentals can operate in the following zoning districts including those located within an overlay district (e.g. -H, -DSA, etc):

  • Core Mixed Use (CMU)
  • Station Mixed Use (SMU)
  • Maker Mixed Use (MMU)
  • Neighborhood Mixed Use (NMU)
  • Rural Residential (RR)
  • Single Family Dwelling (R-1)
  • Residential Planned Development (PD), where not explicitly prohibited
  • Medium Density Multi-Family Residential (R-2)
  • Multi-Family Residential (R-3)
  • Transit Village Residential (TV-R)
  • Office Commercial (CO)
  • Neighborhood Commercial (CN)
  • Community Shopping Center (CSC)
  • General Commercial (CG), and
  • Transit Village-Mixed (TVM)

For assistance with determining the zoning district your property is located in, please see https://srcity.org/1263/Find-Your-Zoning-District.

Starting Dec. 4, the City will not allow a newly proposed non-hosted short-term rental within 1,000 feet of another non-hosted short-term rental.

Show All Answers

1. When does the Ordinance go into effect?
2. What is a short-term rental?
3. What is the difference between a hosted and a non-hosted short-term rental?
4. How do I decide if I am a hosted or non-hosted short-term rental?
5. What is an operator in good standing versus a new operator?
6. What registrations or permits are required for a short-term rental to operate in compliance with the Ordinance?
7. Do I need to obtain a Business Tax Certificate?
8. What requirements must a short-term-rental operator follow to be in compliance?
9. Where can a short-term rental operate in the City?