Hosted short-term rentals can operate anywhere in the City and within any distance of another short-term rental of any kind.
Non-hosted short-term rentals can operate in the following zoning districts including those located within an overlay district (e.g. -H, -DSA, etc):
- Core Mixed Use (CMU)
- Station Mixed Use (SMU)
- Maker Mixed Use (MMU)
- Neighborhood Mixed Use (NMU)
- Rural Residential (RR)
- Single Family Dwelling (R-1)
- Residential Planned Development (PD), where not explicitly prohibited
- Medium Density Multi-Family Residential (R-2)
- Multi-Family Residential (R-3)
- Transit Village Residential (TV-R)
- Office Commercial (CO)
- Neighborhood Commercial (CN)
- Community Shopping Center (CSC)
- General Commercial (CG), and
- Transit Village-Mixed (TVM)
For assistance with determining the zoning district your property is located in, please see https://srcity.org/1263/Find-Your-Zoning-District.
Starting Dec. 4, the City will not allow a newly proposed non-hosted short-term rental within 1,000 feet of another non-hosted short-term rental.