For a person to be qualified under LEOSA, they must meet the following requirements:
- Be separated from service in good standing with a public agency as a law enforcement officer, other than for reason of mental disability.
- Was regularly employed as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of 10 years or more OR separated from service with such agency after completing any applicable probationary period of such service due to a service-connected disability, as determined by such agency.
- Have NOT been officially found by a qualified medical professional employed by the agency to be unqualified for reasons relating to mental health.
- Have NOT entered into an agreement with the agency from which you are separating from service in which you acknowledge that you are not qualified for reasons relating to mental health.
- Are NOT prohibited by state law or federal law from receiving or possessing a firearm.