Where does the City of Santa Rosa obtain vehicle registered owner information?
Vehicle registration information is obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). In accordance with the California Vehicle Code, you are required by law to provide the DMV with a current mailing address within ten days of a change of address.
If you moved and did not provide the DMV with your new mailing address within the prescribed time, you will be responsible for any late fees charged to your citation even if the delinquency notice or Initial Review Outcome letter is mailed to your old address.

Show All Answers

1. How do I contest my citation?
2. My car was sold. Why do I continue to receive parking citations when I no longer own the vehicle?
3. I received a notice that a citation was issued to my vehicle, but I have not visited the City of Santa Rosa. How do I clear the citation?
4. I wanted to contest my parking citation but was informed that it was too late. Can I appeal, and if so, who can I make an appeal to?
5. I cannot afford to pay my parking citation. Can you cancel it?
6. Can I perform community service instead of paying for my parking ticket?
7. Can I get an extension on the payment of my parking citation?
8. Can I request a payment plan for my citation(s)?
9. Can I be arrested for my unpaid parking citation?
10. Can my vehicle be towed for my unpaid parking citation?
11. I paid my citation late and was told that the penalty could not be waived. Can I appeal?
12. Where does the City of Santa Rosa obtain vehicle registered owner information?
13. I have paid my parking citation but when I went to renew my vehicle registration, I was told that my ticket was still unpaid. What can I do?
14. I have contested the citation and I do not agree with the decision. Is there anything I can do?
15. Do I have to pay the fine amount in order to appeal the valid decision?
16. What if I do not have the money to appeal the citation to the next level?