Nagasawa Community Park
- Boat Ramp
- Picnic Tables
- Pond / Lake
Nagasawa Community Park is 33.23-acres.
Parking lot entrance is on Fountaingrove Parkway.
- All picnic tables are on a first come first serve basis.
- For information regarding park permits, please contact the Park Permits Desk at (707) 543-3294 or [email protected].
Making a Difference
If you're interested in Adopt-A-Green Space, please contact the Volunteer Desk at (707) 543-3279 or [email protected].
The area was originally developed as the Brotherhood of the New Life, a Utopian community, by Thomas Lake Harris in the 1870’s. The community was gone by the early 1900's when Kanaya Nagasawa became owner of 1,500 acres in the Fountaingrove area, mostly vineyard and a winery. Nagasawa was among the earliest Japanese immigrants to the United States. He had met Harris at the latter’s community in upstate New York and came with him to Santa Rosa.
At Fountaingrove, Nagasawa hosted numerous Japanese visitors. After Nagasawa's death, Errol MacBoyle purchased the ranch. After MacBoyle passed on, his widow’s new husband, Siegried Becchold removed the vineyards and planted pasture for beef cattle. The park was dedicated, Nagasawa Community Park at Fountain Grove, at a public ceremony on July 28, 2007.